Quiz Time! 2015 Tech Developments
Every year is a big year in the tech industry – the ideas become more innovative, the strategies get savvier and the unthinkable becomes a reality; 2015 was no different.
From the introduction of numerous new generic top level domains (gTLDs) like .tech and .sex to the unveiling of “Buy” buttons on major social networks like Facebook and Twitter, each week of 2015 had more than one headline-making story.
Although it may be difficult for busy Web professionals to keep up with all of the latest digital developments when occupied with their day-to-day business tasks, Website Magazine is here to keep ‘Net professionals in the loop. In fact, by visiting WebsiteMagazine.com, visitors can find a daily roundup of each day’s top tech stories and get this news delivered to their inbox by signing up for weekly email newsletters that cover the topics of e-commerce, search, social, design and more.
In the meantime, find out how in the loop you actually are by testing your knowledge of the top tech developments in 2015 with Website Magazine’s December’s Quiz Time.
1. What is the name of Google’s new parent company?
a. The Search Justice League
d. Online Architect
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/googleparents
2. Which commerce plugin did WordPress’s parent company, Automattic, acquire in 2015?
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/wmbigmovers
3. Which social network gave emojis the hashtag treatment in 2015?
d. All of the above
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/emojipound
4. Which big-name tech company unveiled a stock photo service?
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/stocknew
5. What is the name of Amazon’s new product discovery service that features a pinboard-style design (similar to Pinterest)?
a. Amazon Closet
b. Amazon Inspires
c. Discover by Amazon
d. Amazon Stream
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/amazonpin