Quiz Time! Attention Marketers: #BeRelevant
Consumers are overwhelmed by irrelevant marketing according to an Oct. 2015 study from Forrester.
In fact, 40 percent of the study’s respondents said that most of the marketing promotions they receive don’t deliver anything of interest.
This is a problem for marketers who are essentially sabotaging their own campaigns by not leveraging consumer data properly. Information like a consumer’s Web-browsing behavior or purchase history, for instance, can be all that is needed to create personalized marketing campaigns that attract attention and foster engagement.
Although collecting consumer data can be a challenge, especially with the rise of the non-linear path to purchase, marketers can keep up with all of the latest technologies and strategies to help them uncover useful consumer information by regularly visiting Website Magazine’s ’Net Advertising channel.
In the meantime, discover how much you know about behavioral marketing by taking March’s Quiz Time.
1. What percentage of consumers claim to purchase more from retailers that leverage shopper interests and buying behaviors to personalize the customer experience across channels?
a. 21 percent
b. 48 percent
c. 73 percent
d. 92 percent
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/csdemand
2. True or False: Sending personalized email campaigns can result in open rates being lifted by nearly 150 percent.
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/emailcs
3. What percentage of marketers leverage behavior-based data for their campaigns?
a. 9 percent
b. 26 percent
c. 48 percent
d. 75 percent
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/datacs
4. What is the most popular method for segmenting site visitors?
a. Content Viewed
c. Time on Site
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/cssegment
5. True or False: Receiving coupons is the top reason why consumers agree to share their personal information with a mobile app.
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/csperks
1. B – 48 percent
3. C – 48 percent
4. A – Content Viewed