Quiz Time: Consumers’ Mobile Behavior in Focus
Web professionals that make an effort to understand the mobile behaviors of their customers are the ones best positioned for success in today’s omnichannel world.
Data from Pew Research reveals that 64 percent of American adults now own a smartphone, and it’s safe to say that these devices are impacting everything from the way consumers connect with brands to how they are discovering content on the Web. In fact, Google notes that more searches are taking place on mobile devices than on desktop computers in 10 countries, while data from Yesmail reveals that mobile now represents 45 percent of all email clicks.
What the data reveals is that brands that optimize their digital presence in accordance with their audience’s increasingly mobile preference will result in happier customers and a positive impact on revenue. Looking for a mobile edge? Stay up-to-date with all of the latest mobile data and trends by regularly visiting Website Magazine’s Mobile World channel at wsm.co/mobileworld15.
Discover how much you know about consumers’ mobile behaviors by checking out this month’s Quiz Time. Spolier alert: Answers are given at the bottom of this page.
1. What percentage of consumers uses their mobile device within stores when seeking help making a purchasing decision?
a. 90 percent
b. 63 percent
c. 40 percent
d. 23 percent
2. Sixty-two percent of smartphone owners have leveraged their device for what?
a. Conducting online banking
b. Looking up real estate listings
c. Discovering information about a health condition
d. Submitting a job application
3. What percentage of consumers said they would definitely share personal data with a retailer via mobile app?
a. 72 percent
b. 34 percent
c. 11 percent
d. 3 percent
4. Which U.S. region has the most (71 percent) smartphone users?
5. What percentage of the global smartphone video viewing audience say they watch less TV because they watch videos on their smartphones?
a. 13 percent
b. 81 percent
c. 65 percent
d. 22 percent
1. A 2. C 3. B 4. A 5. D