Quiz Time: Content Marketing Crash Course
Test your knowledge of the practice within Website Magazine’s monthly quiz (answers are at the bottom).
1. What percentage of B2B marketers currently (2017) use content marketing?
a. 89 percent
b. 47 percent
c. 15 percent
2. What is the average length of a typical blog post?
a. 575 words
b. 1,054 words
c. 1260 words
3. True or False: Video will account for 79 percent of global Internet traffic by 2020.
4. The higher a page ranks on Google search results, the more likely it contains this content format:
a. A flash player
b. A bullet point list
c. A gated whitepaper
5. Almost half of the URLs in the top 10 Google search results use embedded:a. Video
c. Hero images
6. B2B marketers cite this factor as the top reason for their organization’s increase in overall success:
a. Content creation (higher quality, more efficient)
b. Content distribution (better targeting, identification of what works)
c. Management/HR (organizational changes, staffing, new content marketing roles)
7. True or False: The Associated Press has already begun using “robot writers” to publish articles about quarterly earnings, sporting events and other stories previously written by real-life journalists.
8. Which are the top paid methods of content promotion B2B enterprises use in their content marketing?
a. Social promotion, search engine marketing, print or other offline promotion
b. Traditional online banner ads, native advertising, content discover tools
c. Do not use, social promotion and offline billboards
9. What is one reported effect of content marketing on consumers?
a. They “feel” more positive about a company after reading their custom content.
b. They “feel” anxious about committing to a brand so early in their dating journey.
c. They like all the attention they are now getting.
10. Marketers report this to be their company’s top marketing challenge:
a. Talent acquisition
b. Executive sponsorship
c. Traffic and lead generation