Quiz Time! Cross-Channel Marketing
Most people associate content marketing with blogging, but this popular marketing strategy actually spans across channels.
From email to social, successful content marketers work with many other departments to create the optimal assets for each channel’s audience. A list of “3 Must-Have Summer Sandals,” for example, may prove to be the ideal content type for email subscribers; while a video tutorial demonstrating “How to Make a Perfect Martini” may work better for a social audience.
Regardless of channel, one thing is certain – brands are spending more of their marketing budgets on content. In fact, data from the Content Marketing Institute reveals that B2C companies are allocating 32 percent, on average, of their total marketing budget to content marketing. This is a significant increase from the 25 percent in 2015.
To help keep Web professionals up-to-date with all of the latest content marketing headlines and strategies, Website Magazine regularly writes about the topic at wsm.co/netnews16. Before joining us on the Web, discover how much you know about the state of content marketing by taking May’s quiz.
1. What is the top content marketing objective for business to business marketers?
a. Sales team support and enablement
b. Thought leadership
c. Lead generation
d. Web traffic generation
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/stat1to1
2. True or False: 83 percent of marketing leaders say that social media is generating a return on investment (ROI).
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/socialroi16
3. What is the top content format B2B marketers ask their audiences to subscribe to?
c. Print magazine
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/subgoals
4. True or False: Content marketing generates three times as many leads as traditional outbound marketing, but costs 62 percent less.
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/contentstate
5. The use of the word “video” in email subject lines increases open rates by how much?
a. 4 percent
b. 19 percent
c. 36 percent
d. 67 percent
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/videopercent
1. C - Lead generation
3. A - newsletters
5. B - 19 percent