Quiz Time! How Socially "With It" Are You?
Keeping up with the wildly changing social landscape can be a full-time job, yet most marketers manage their brands’ social media accounts on top of their existing workloads.
The good news is that even a little effort goes a long way. According to HubSpot, 84 percent of marketers found as little as six hours of effort per week was enough to generate increased traffic. Internet professionals can take their efforts further by taking time to discover the most recent social news, updates, features and more (which Website Magazine features in its Social Media Mavens channel at wsm.co/smmavens). The question is: how socially “with it” are you today? From Pinterest and Snapchat to Twitter and Facebook, test your social knowledge in this month’s Quiz Time.
Spoiler Alert: The answers are bolded and highlighted below!
1. The Snapchat feature that allows all followers to see a post is called:
a. Answer: My Story
c. My Snaps
d. Snaps Feed
Cheat sheet: Check out “Snapchat for Brands” at wsm.co/brandsnaps
2. Among leading retailers, which three scored the highest in Engagement Labs’s “Retail Index,” which evaluated them on 300 social media metrics?
a. Answer: Champs Sports, GameStop and Tiffany & Co.
b. Target, Walmart and Sears
c. Levi’s, Urban Outfitters and Guess
d. Sports Authority, J. Crew and Ann Taylor
Cheat sheet: See retail’s social winners and losers at wsm.co/ecommsoc
3. After nearly a year in beta, it was revealed by Pinterest that Promoted Pins generate this increase in “earned media” impressions:
a. Answer: 30 percent
b. 5 percent
c. 65 percent
d. No increase
Cheat sheet: Read, “The Performance of Promoted Pins in Focus” at wsm.co/promopins15
4. In Dec. 2014, which popular social platform released a GIF creator?
d. Answer: YouTube
Cheat sheet: See who quietly released a GIF creator at wsm.co/gifs4everyone
5. Which was the fastest-growing social network in the U.S. in 2014?
b. Answer: Pinterest
d. Tumblr Cheat sheet: AddThis sheds light on 2014's top social sharing trends at wsm.co/sharetrends14
Cheat sheet: AddThis sheds light on 2014's top social sharing trends at wsm.co/sharetrends14