Quiz Time! Keeping Up With Mobile Consumers
With more than 2 billion people predicted to connect to the ’Net via mobile devices this year (International Data Corporation), it is vital that businesses meet the expectations of this ever-growing customer segment and go far beyond just a mobile-optimized website.
Today’s on-the-go customer wants the ability to leverage in-store mobile solutions, connect with brands via messaging apps and receive mobile-specific marketing promotions via email and text. In fact, 2016 data from Vibes reveals that 59 percent of consumers say their opinion of a retailer would become more positive if they started to receive coupons and offers that could be saved to their smartphones.
The challenge for businesses, however, is that the mobile landscape and the technologies that support it are changing every day – as are consumers’ mobile habits. Are you prepared? Keep up to date on the most important changes by regularly visiting Website Magazine’s Mobile World channel. But first, discover how much you know about consumers’ mobile expectations by taking April’s Quiz Time.
1. What percentage of consumers would prefer using messaging apps to engage with customer service versus phone calls?
A. 11 percent
B. 38 percent
C. 57 percent
D. 72 percent
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/cserviceapp
2. True or False: 92 percent of consumers want to shop in stores equipped with mobile solutions.
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/mobilepact
3. What percentage of mobile wallet users is likely to save personalized mobile wallet offers and coupons to their devices?
A. 8 percent
B. 35 percent
C. 67 percent
D. 94 percent
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/phonesave
4. True or False: 75 percent of consumers would spend more money with a brand if they could switch channels or devices and continue a conversation without starting over and repeating their information.
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/engageprefer
5. Overall app usage grew by how much in 2015?
A. 6 percent
B. 31 percent
C. 58 percent
D. 83 percent
Cheat sheet: wsm.co/appgrowing
1. B – 38 percent
3. D – 94 percent
5. C – 58 percent