Quiz Time! Test Your Tech Savvy
The amount of resources invested in creating, managing and promoting technology is outstanding. As an Internet professional, you are likely also invested in not only the software solutions you use every day, but the industry as a whole. Take a break and test your tech knowledge in this month’s Quiz Time.
Spoiler alert: the answers are all highlighted below.
1. What percentage of all dollars invested by venture capitalists in the first quarter of 2014 went to software deals?
a. 11 percent
b. 76 percent
c. 24 percent
d. Answer: 42 percent
e. 2 percent
2. How much did Facebook acquire the global mobile messaging platform WhatsApp for in early 2014?
a. $11 million
b. $4 billion
d. $5 million
e. Answer: $19 billion
3. What common features can be found at all 70 of Google’s offices?
a. Yurts and shared cubicles
b. Pool tables and pianos
c. Cafes and microkitchens
d. Video games
e. Answer: All of the above
4. What top three cities (in order) were the most active founding tech startups in the last 12 months?
a. Answer: San Francisco, New York, Palo Alto
b. San Francisco, London, Austin
c. Seattle, Mountain View, San Diego
d. Palo Alto, Chicago, Boston
e. Mountain View, San Francisco, Palo Alto
5. On average, how many marketing technology solutions do marketers at midsize companies manage every day?
b. Answer: 5-9
e. 20 or more