Social Snapshot: August 2015
As summer cools down, brands are focusing on heating up their social marketing efforts. After all, social is an instrumental communication during the upcoming holiday season, and it’s never too early to start preparing for the busiest time of the year.
For brands to get the most out of their social media marketing campaigns, however, it is important that they are familiar with all of the latest news and tools making a splash across the social Web. Luckily, Website Magazine has kept Web pros in-the-know by putting all of these updates in one spot with our monthly Social Snapshot series.
Discover all of August’s most important social news by checking out Website Magazine’s eighth Social Snapshot of the year below:
* App Watch: Making Sense of Social Media Intelligence with Unmetric – Unmetric unveiled a new app for iOS and Android devices that enables marketers to monitor their competitors social media activity in real-time.
* Social Media and Employee Brand Advocacy – A new employee advocacy management solution from Markr, dubbed Brand Commadr, is designed to help brands and agencies monitor and manage their social media content from multiple locations via pre-selected editors and social media managers.
* Scheduling Instagram Posts Becomes a Reality (Kind Of) – Hootsuite unveiled a new integration with Instagram that enables users to schedule content to be posted on the social network. The catch, however, is that Hootsuite simply reminds users that it’s time to post the content, which still requires the social media manager to visit their Instagram app to publish.
* Bigcommerce Unveils Automated Product Ads for Social – The new advertising platform is built in partnership with Boostable, and offers native support for product ads on Facebook and Twitter.
* Facebook Expands Audience Network Ad Formats – With the expansion, Facebook is making two of its best performing units available off its social network to help publishers drive better results for advertisers.
* Twitter Finally Removes DM Character Limit – After announcing the change to direct messages back in June, the social network finally removed the character limit in August.
* Tool-of-the-Day: Tweet Binder – If you are looking to gain more insights into your Twitter campaigns, consider leveraging Tweet Binder, an analytics platform that helps users track hashtags, keywords or usernames on Twitter.
* Google Adds Tweets to Desktop Search Results – The update surfaces Tweets in relevant search results.
* Facebook Gives the Gift of Donations – Facebook expanded its “Donate Now” functionality, which originally launched in 2013.
* Facebook Testing a Personal Assistant – The service, called “M,” will be able to complete tasks and find information on a user’s behalf.
* 1 Billion People Used Facebook in One Day – Facebook hit a pretty big milestone on August 24, 2015.
* Bonus – Elude major social mistakes by checking out Website Magazine’s “Top Social Media Marketing Mistakes to Avoid for Marketers.”