Social Snapshot: July 2015
Facebook in particular unveiled a lot of news in the month of July, from the announcement of its Innovation Competition winners to its updated way to measure CPC on its ad platform.
Website Magazine has put all of these updates and more into its seventh Social Snapshot of the year, which offers Web professionals an easy way to catch up on each month’s top social news.
Discover what other social announcements made headlines this month by checking out the stories and links featured below:
* Pinterest’s Buyable Pins Arrive on iOS – The social network unveiled the social commerce feature’s arrival on iPHone and iPad for users in the U.S.
* Facebook Unveils New Way to Measure CPC – The social network is changing the way it charges advertisers in an attempt to help advertisers better understand how their ads perform against objectives.
* Facebook Puts Its Users in Control – Updates enable the social network’s users to select which stories they see at the top of their News Feed, as well as help users discover new Pages to follow.
* Facebook Announced Innovation Competition Winners – The competition challenges Facebook Marketing Partners to build advertising tools that address new challenges and opportunities.
* Faster Facebook Ad Creation – Wix partnered up with Facebook to help Web pros streamline Facebook ad campaign creation.
* Twitter Adds Security with Account Monitoring Dashboard – The dashboard displays account activation details, the devices the account has been accessed on and recent login history.
* AddShoppers Social Solutions Come to Demandware – The integration enables merchants to access social login, smart sharing buttons and behavioral targeting campaigns.
* Using Social Engagement to Rank Retail Photos – Social Annex introduced its Smart Image Ranking Algorithm, which is designed to reduce the challenges of organizing and prioritizing large numbers of pictures in a product gallery without any insight into which images are impacting sales.
* Presentation-Based Lead Gen with SlideShare, LinkedIn – LinkedIn is making it easier for brands to build their audience on SlideShare thanks to its new lead generation tool.
* Making Mobile Games More Social – Messaging app Viber has acquired Nextpeer to make mobile games more social.
* Measure the Effectiveness of Facebook Ad Campaigns with AppsFlyer – AppsFlyer has introduced Facebook ROI reports, which will provide users with insights to optimize their app marketing campaigns.
* Bonus – Make your WordPress site more social by checkig out Website Magazine's "#WordPress Wednesday: 13 Social Plugins."