Social Snapshot: May 2015
As the weather began to heat up in May, so did the social industry – with a variety of updates making headlines, from a new search experience on Twitter to a new way to read articles on Facebook’s mobile app.
To make it easier for digital professionals to stay up-to-date with all of this news, Website Magazine has put together its fifth Social Snapshot of the year, featuring a roundup of May’s top social updates. Learn more about this news by checking out the stories and links below:
* Google+ Gets a Content Discovery Update – Google unveiled a new feature called Google+ Collections to make it easier for Google+ users to discover content on its social network.
* Bringing a Social Experience to Cloud Storage – FileChat unveiles a social cloud platform that enables users to chat, like and vote on files.
* Simply Measured Offers New LinkedIn Reporting – The social analytics provider unveiled the LinkedIn Company Analysis report to provide marketers with deeper insights for the social network.
* Flickr Makes It Easier to Store and Search Through Memories – Yahoo announced updates for its Flickr platform, including the ability to allow users to search for images of specific items, as well as by holiday, date or location.
* Communication and Social Apps Dominate the Mobile Landscape – App Annie released it Q1 2015 report on app usage, which revealed that communication and social are the top app categories.
* Facebook Unveils “Instant Articles” – Facebook is looking to speed up the mobile experience with a new feature for information publishers called Instant Articles.
* White Label Email and Social Media Marketing – StreamSend is offering a white label version of its email marketing and social media platform to agencies and resellers.
* Nimble Prospecting for Social CRM – Social CRM Nimble has updated its Smart Contacts apps, which provides users with more contextual insights about their prospects and the ability to take critical actions to nurture relationships.
* Twitter Rolls Out New Search Results – twitter unveiled a new search results page on the Web, which features a cleaner interface that makes it easier for users to discover content.
* Love for Facebook is One-Sided (Ish) – A new study by Manta indicates that 59 percent of business owners don’t see a return on investment (ROI) from their social media efforts.
* Pinterest Makes Major Ad Updates – Pinterest is stepping its ad game up with some major ad announcements, including new “Cinematic Pins.”
* Mobile Search Gets More Social – Google announced that it is now displaying Tweets for searches conducted on mobile devices.
* Socialbakers is Cooking Now with Instagram Support – Socialbakers introduces several new features for tis social media marketing clients, including support for popular image-based social network Instagram.
* Hootsuite’s Content Library Eases Social Management – Hootsuite enhanced its Content Library to help organizations extend their social reach with centralized, pre-approved content.
* Ensure Social Compliance with Universal Supervision – Hearsay Social launched a new solution designed to make it easier and faster for financial services companies to enforce compliance policies.
* Bonus – Improve social initiatives by reading Website Magazine’s “5 Steps for Better Hashtag Marketing.”