Support Small Business Saturday
It is no secret that small businesses are imperative for our economy to thrive. In fact, according to the Small Business Association, small businesses actually employ about half of U.S. workers, and represent about 99.7 percent of all employer firms.
Therefore, given our current economic climate, it is more important than ever for consumers to support these businesses that create so many jobs. Unfortunately, this is often not the case.
Instead, consumers tend to search for a good deal or do their shopping based on convenience, often ignoring their local “mom and pop” shops in the process.
This is why small businesses across the country are asking consumers to “shop small” on November 26th by taking some time to support their local retailers.
If you operate a small business that hasn’t started promoting this day yet, here is how you should start:
- Get In-Store Signage, E-marketing materials and $100 worth of free Facebook Ads
- Share your offer ideas with other businesses or make couponless offers for American Express cardmembers
- Promote the day through social media, and include links to your e-commerce site
- Keep track of what people are saying through the free app - "YourBuzz"
- Download the Small Business Saturday Checklist