The Real Reasons Brands Gamify
By Velly Angelova, Zariba Games Studio
In today's harshly competitive business environment, brands need to be innovative and flexible when it comes to managing and building their reputations, especially online.
In a constant search for solutions to build a deeper connection with their audiences, smart businesses are turning to games - more specifically, gamification - to boost customer loyalty, employee performance, sales growth and more.
A relatively new term in mobile marketing, “gamification” stands for the application of digital game design techniques to respond to business goals. Gamification mechanics help businesses create and develop highly competitive marketing strategies not only to attract the right customers, but also to retain them via interactive approaches. It drives higher engagement using the most direct channel - the customer's smartphone.
Benefits of Gamification:
Gamification is an interactive and smart digital marketing approach to:
- Raise brand recognition
- Expand customer base
- Deliver in-depth engagement
- Increase sales
- Keep in-time analytics
- Provide entertainment and a polished brand experience
- Incentivize customer interaction
- Deliver immediate feedback and helpful real-time analytics
- Create stronger loyalty bonds to the company
- Motivate employees and boost productivity at workplace
Real life examples:
• Starbucks My Rewards - mobile application to connect with customers
• McDonald’s Monopoly Game - using classic games
• Coca-Cola’s Shake It - combining different types of media
Standard Gamification Features
• Online competitions
• Challenges and increasing goals
• Virtual coins/currency
Popular Gamification Tactics to Use
1. Rebranding a popular genre game or creating a themed version of an app or game is an easy way to grab customers' attention with a game specifically designed for a certain holiday (e.g. Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.)
2. An app/game entirely designed for a special trendy event (e.g. award shows, sporting events, etc.) is a great opportunity to drive people's attention to your clients' brands
3. Developing a brand new app or game specifically tailored to clients' preferences to increase loyalty/productivity and is another smart move to optimize and boost the overall performance of companies.
Passionate about digital trends and tech innovations, Velly works for Zariba Games Studio - a recognized developer of mobile apps and games with over 10 years of experience on the global market, successfully providing gamification tactics and creative new generation mobile marketing solutions.