The Salaries of Digital Marketers
A career in marketing can prove quite lucrative according to a new report from digital marketing and IT resource provider Mondo.
The company published a report on the current salaries of digital marketing professionals (an incredibly broad and diverse field) and found that "Chief Technology Officer" topped the list of those that are the highest paid - although it is somewhat confusing that a CTO would be on a list of this nature based on their traditional responsibilities.
That being said though, the rest of the list is what 'Net professionals, and specifically digital marketers, will find most interesting. Those digital marketing specialization areas with the highest salaries in 2016 include:
Digital and Interactive
- Director, Digital Marketing ($136,000-189,000)
- Director, E-Commerce ($134,000-184,000)
- Director, UI/UX ($88,000-159,000)
Content Creation & Social Media
- Director, SEO/SEM ($103,000-158,000)
- Manager, SEO/SEM ($85,000-126,000)
- Digital Content Strategist ($76,000-121,000)
- Email Marketer ($84,000-152,000)
- Big Data Analyst ($88,000-134,000)
- Manager, Digital Marcom ($94,000-123,000)
Creative Services & Production
- Director, Creative ($101,000-178,000)
- Director, Art ($73,000-124,000)
- Interactive Designer ($73,000-126,000)
"The demand for digital marketing professionals continues to be incredibly strong, especially for marketing automation professionals and UI/UX designers," said Gianna Scorsone, Vice President of Marketing and Sales Operations for Mondo. "In addition, we have seen new tech-driven marketing positions arise, such as the Chief Technology Officer and Demand Generation Analyst."