Top Cloud Service Providers; Amazon, Google and IBM
Each and every day it seems an announcement is made about the availability of a new cloud service. With so many providers on the market, how should you decide which one is right for you? Perhaps you could listen to your colleagues.
Evans Data conducted a survey in September of over 400 software developers, measuring perceptions of leading vendors in the cloud space. Vendors and providers such as Amazon, Microsfot, AT&T, Rackspace, VMware, Sun and HP among others. Adoption, adoption intentions, completeness of offering, and ability to execute were rated by the developers along with capabilities such as security, scalability, low latency, reliability, no vendor lock-in, and cost to value ratio. In addition, developers positioned the vendors as better suited to either public or private cloud offerings.
So who are the top cloud service providers as rated by survey participants?
- Amazon was seen as having the most complete solution
- Google was thought to have more ability to execute (and actually topped Amazon in most other categories)
- Adoption intentions in the next 12 months were much stronger fro Google than Amazon
- IBM was thought to be able to provide the most secure cloud environment
- IBM was also rated high in reliability and ability to execute
Stay up to date on the latest Internet trends:
Request a professional subscription to Website Magazine,
the most popular print publication on Web success.