Video Advertisers Face Fraud, Find Solution
Despite major advances in online advertising, fraud is still a big thorn in Internet marketers' sides - even those advertising using video.
According to a recent study, 87 percent of advertisers do not trust data from media vendors such as publishers, ad networks, DSPs or exchanges and prefer data from third-party measurement vendors. BrandAds, a video intelligence company, also found that:
• On average, 23.6 percent of all pre-roll impressions measured are in fact, in-banner and not the real pre-roll impressions that brands intend to buy.
• Aggregators such as ad networks, DSPs and exchanges serve pre-roll as in-banner 31.8 percent of the time.
• Premium publishers deliver what should be pre-roll as in-banner 5.1 percent of the time.
To provide video advertisers with more transparency, BrandAds recently released BrandAds Bridge 2.0, a cross-platform video ad server with real-time fraud detection, audience measurement, effectiveness research and social monitoring built-in.
Video advertisers using BrandAds Bridge can now:
• Track metrics such as video player size, traffic quality and viewability, which will allow them to identify exactly which media vendors are wasting their media budgets and on what specific domains.
• Create domain lists that are either acceptable or unacceptable based on an advertiser’s standards.
• Identify brand lift optimization opportunities and strategically reallocate media budgets mid-flight to increase delivery in the best performing environments.
“Brand metrics should be as actionable and as real-time as direct response metrics have been for years,” said Avi Brown, co-founder and CEO, BrandAds. “The release of BrandAds Bridge 2.0 marks a huge breakthrough for the video ad industry. Brand marketers finally have a solution built specifically to solve their challenges around video measurement.”