What Do You Know about Mobile’s Momentum?
:: By Allison Howen, Associate Editor ::
The amount of time spent using mobile devices is at an alltime high, with consumers picking up their smartphones and tablets for everything from finding directions and searching for local businesses to editing photos and sharing videos.
Internet professionals, in particular, are aware of this channel’s importance, as a recent Econsultancy and Responsys study reveals that 63 percent of marketers are increasing investments into their mobile marketing acquisition strategies in 2014. Although it is easy to see that mobile’s momentum isn’t slowing down, it is important to know just how impactful this channel is. Test your mobile knowledge with this month’s Quiz Time.
Spoiler Alert: The answers are all highlighted below.
1. What is the amount of time spent on mobile devices per day by the average U.S. consumer in 2014?
a. 20 hours and 14 minutes
b. 12 hours and 14 minutes
c. 5 hours and 57 minutes
d. Answer: 2 hours and 42 minutes
e. 38 minutes
2. What percentage of worldwide Google Play revenue do Freemium apps account for?
a. Answer: 98 percent
b. 72 percent
c. 38 percent
d. 17 percent
e. 53 percent
3. In what app category do U.S. smartphone users spend the most time interacting?
e. Answer: Social
4. What percentage of consumers are watching videos on their smartphones?
a. Answer: 75 percent
b. 93 percent
c. 25 percent
d. 42 percent
e. 12 percent
5. As of June 2014, how many mobile Internet users are there worldwide?
a. 890 million
b. Answer: 1.2 billion
c. 106 million
d. 7.1 billion
e. 3.4 billion