What's Your Consumer Review Strategy?
Consumer reviews are an important part of the digital marketing landscape. In fact, 79 percent of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations, according to the BrightLocal Local Consumer Review Survey from 2013.
With consumer reviews also weighing heavily on the local search results, BrightLocal (an SEO tool provider) sought out to answer some important questions about the business side of reviews, as well as the marketing strategy for this type of initiative.
BrightLocal surveyed 20 local search professionals to find out the importance of reviews in their own business, how they are currently using reviews and the importance they place on the initiative in general - as well as the processes they leverage. Some of the key findings, available here, include:
- 90% of respondents offer Review Management
- 44% bundle reputation management with other services
- 80% say that offer more reputation management than 2 years ago
- More than 50% of time is spent on actively seeking more reviews
- Local experts assign a very similar weight of importance to citations, reviews and links