Where Are All the Mobile Ads?
Google's AdMob recently released data about global mobile ad impressions, and where they are being seen. It turns out, the majority of mobile ads are viewed in North America (43%) followed by Asia (33%).
What is surprising is that Western Europe accounts for just 15% of all AdMob ad impressions. Of course, this is just one mobile ad network -- although AdMob does have one of the widest reaches out there.
Some other interesting findings include:
- The UK (33%), France (17%) and Germany (12%) drove more than 60% of all ad impressions from Western Europe, where all countries experienced more than 400% growth. In comparison, North America saw 266% growth.
- India (26%), South Korea (13%) and Japan (12%) accounted for more than half of all ad requests from Asia.
- Five countries in Asia - South Korea, Japan, China, Singapore and Thailand - had growth rates of more than 1,000% in 2010.
- Brazil’s growth in 2010 far outpaced that of any other country in the region at 1,251%.
- South Africa (21%), Nigeria (21%) and Egypt (12%) led Africa's 81% overall growth.