Where to Submit Articles?
Links are the SEO element that most greatly influences your position on search result pages. One popular way of accumulating these valuable links is to write articles and distribute or publish them to online resources interested in accepting the content. But with thousands of article directories online, and many specializing in a specific niche/category (and others requiring payment or a reciprocal link), you may be wondering where you should submit articles and which will yield the best result for your efforts.
While there is no substitute for having articles published on industry specific portals and resource sites, there are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of sites that act as directories to articles. These give Web professionals seeking exposure with the article distribution tactic an opportunity to get their feet wet. There are a few things you should know before you start submitting your articles. Let's review a few now:
- Make sure to include a biography or resource box which includes a link to your site.
- The optimal length for articles is between 600-1000 words.
- Compelling headlines will draw the attention of users and those that opt to distribute articles.
- Informative, education content works better than flat-out promotions - every time.
- Add links, if possible within the body content; bonus points for embedding some tracking (analytics).
The Top 20 "General" Article Distribution Resources & Portals: