Wix Redesigns Its Web Design Platform
Wix has given its popular code-free Web design platform a redesign.
The redesign comes with an intuitive user interface, new features, integrated functionality, designer-made website templates and hundreds of pre-designed components. What’s more, the new Wix Editor provides users with a tailored experience designed specifically for their business niches. It is also important to note that this is the company’s first full redesign of the Wix Editor since its launch in 2012.
“Recognizing that today’s Internet users expect a personalized, intuitive and multi-faceted experience, we’ve created the industry’s most comprehensive code-free editing software for creating a professional online presence,” said Avishai Abrahami, Wix Co-Founder and CEO. “Based on the user’s business category, the new Editor provides a tailored experience, where the features and capabilities most needed are at their fingertips. This isn’t just a product improvement, it’s a leap in what the market has come to expect from code-free platforms.”
Some of the design platform’s features include:
* Full-screen strip layouts – horizontal strips contain multiple design elements, including video, image galleries, text and more. These strips help split the page into clear sections to allow for stylistic variation. Plus, the strip containers can be edited and repositioned anywhere.
* Full page video background – with this feature, users can upload their own videos or choose from Wix’s free video background library to set up a video background for their website. All video backgrounds can also be customized by layering any design element included in the Editor.
* Single click Parallax effect – users can give their site an extra layer of dimension by adding a parallax scrolling effect with just one click.
* Anchor menus and docking elements – This feature is often used on long-scrolling websites to create a smooth navigation experience.
* Personalization and tailored features – Based on the user's profile, the Wix Editor suggests design and business elements from both the Editor and Wix App Market to help create the most effective sites.
* Verticalized templates – templates that utilize new design capabilities and allow users to more readily input key features while maintaining a drag and drop interface.
* Contextual in-editor support – the new Editor provides users with support throughout the design process with users never having to leave the platform.