The Olympics will soon dominate media headlines. From across the globe, top athletes will descend upon Sochi, Russia while citizens will find ways to support their countries - one of those ways, of course, is to sport the latest in Olympic fashion and accessories - which will put the U.S. Olympic team's Web savvy up for review.
So what solutions are in use (the technology profile) at TeamUSA.org? Let's take a closer look at some highlights.
- It appears that Team USA is running on a Microsoft IIS server (IIS 7) and is using ASP.NET as its Web application framework for the website, underlying applications and XML Web services.
- The SSL certificate at TeamUSA.org is provided by GoDaddy, which also happens to provide the site's DNS services.
- Several different content delivery networks are being utilized including the Twitter CDN, Akamai, Amazon and Microsoft.
- Advertising is a primary objective of TeamUSA.org, integrating with solutions including ad networks like Turn and AppNexus, as well as data management solutions including BlueKai and Aggregate Knowledge.
- Analytics is (obviously) incredibly important to TeamUSA.org as it leverages many different tracking and management solutions, from MediaMind and MediaMath, to Google Analytics, comScore, and Adobe's SiteCatalyst.
Other providers of the technology solutions powering TeamUSA.org include:
Digital marketing executive with proven experience in all aspects of search engine optimization (SEO), performance-based advertising, consumer-generated/social media, email marketing, lead generation, Web design, usability, and analytics. - 20-year Internet marketing veteran, currently serving as the Digital Marketing Campaign Manager at Antenna Group (formerly Chicago Digital). - Former Editor-In-Chief of Website Magazine, and a regular speaker on Web technology digital marketing strategy - Author of several books on digital marketing Including Web 360: The Fundamentals of Web Success; Affiliate 360: The Fundamentals of Performance Marketing; Domains 360: The Fundamentals of Buying & Selling Domain Names, and SEO 360: The Fundamentals of Search Engine Optimization.