Adobe has launched a new services for the Adobe Marketing Cloud in an effort to help marketers better manage, optimize and monetize their mobile apps.
Adobe Mobile services provide a variety of app-centric capabilities including a new user interface for mobile teams, app experience targeting based on GPS location and audience testing. Plus, the cloud-based service is fully integrated with Adobe Analytics and Adobe Target, with support for solutions like Adobe Campaign and Adobe Experience Manager expected to arrive in 2014.
With Adobe Mobile services, marketers can tailor app content to the specific activity, time and location of individual users across a diverse range of app categories like retail, entertainment, travel, broadcast and Adobe Digital Publishing Suite publications.
"Marketers today must think 'mobile first' as they strategize how best to reach their customers," said John Mellor, vice president, business development and strategy, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Adobe. "With mobile users spending four times longer with their favorite apps than browsing the Web, Adobe Mobile services extends digital marketing into the app universe to help companies deliver and better monetize personalized experiences in this unique environment."
Customers can receive access to the Mobile services user interface by licensing Adobe Analytics or Target. Check out some of the service's key features below:
- Geo Location Targeting - Marketers can target mobile app users based on location and proximity to a point of interest, like a retail store, sporting event or concert. This enables marketers to deliver more personalized experiences as well as more effective in-app marketing campaigns.
- App Analytics - The new app-centered interface provides KPIs and data visualizations with insights about user engagement, retention and monetization. Plus, the analytics provide new app reports for cohort pathing and geo-location analysis in order to help marketers understand how frequently people use their app, what paths they take and where they are using the app.
- App Optimization - The platform's support for A/B testing helps mobile marketers define and identify audiences with mobile-specific criteria, like device type, operating system and app analytics via integrated workflows in the new user interface.
- Broad Platform Support - For app analytics, Adobe Mobile service supports native apps across iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8, BlackBerry 10, Windows 8 and Mac OS X, in addition to hybrid apps created with Adobe PhoneGap and HTML5. Moreover, mobile marketers can use the service across digital magazine, newspaper and corporate publication apps created with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite that have been downloaded more than 100 million times to date.
- Ease of Deployment - A new mobile SDK supports capabilities for Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target and Adobe AudienceManager and allows users to implement the new service quickly and without the need for robust analytics knowledge.
- Data Privacy - App publishers can manage opt-in or opt-out functionality to enable compliance with data collection and privacy laws for specific countries.
I'm a creative and adaptable journalist with experience in both print and digital media. Some of my best attributes include my social media management, writing and video editing skills. Skills: • Managing social media accounts with tools like HootSuite and Sprout Social • Creating and marketing content for print and digital media • Editing videos with software like Avid Media Composer • Composing articles with Adobe InCopy • Strong knowledge of AP Style • Skilled at interviewing and writing • Able to work on a deadline and produce quality results • Organized and detail oriented • Innovative problem solver