5 Stats Your Social Media Manager Hates
Hate is a strong word. We tell our kids not to use it, and it’s (hopefully) not a word you’d use to provide feedback to someone, but when certain findings question your digital strategies, hate may be an appropriate word.
That said, here are five stats from companies like Baynote, ExactTarget and others that your company's social media manager (probably) hates.
1. Heading into the 2013 holiday season, 84 percent of retailers believed social media would have little or no impact on sales (source).
2. Seventy-four percent of Americans are unfamiliar with the concept of checking in to a location via a mobile device, and only 3 percent have ever checked in (source).
3. Eighty-six percent of marketers have liked at least one brand on Facebook, while only 58 percent of consumers have (source).
4. Only 23 percent of Pinterest users and 13 percent of LinkedIn users visit these sites daily, and around half say they use the sites less than once per week (source).
5. The fastest growing demographic on Twitter is the 55–64 year age bracket. This demographic has grown 79 percent since 2012 (source).