The Real Value of Domain Names
Have you ever wondered just how much that prized domain name of yours is really worth? Well, you may never have to wonder again thanks to Sedo.
The domain name marketplace and monetization platform recently launched a new feature that provides "quantitative analysis" of domains listed for sale in its marketplace, providing buyers with insights into the value of any domain name.
The feature, Domain Value Indicators, offers up statistics on each individual domain name, and even data on how these values compare to other domains listed on the site to put it into context for both buyers and sellers. These statistics are meant to help users make informed decisions before they purchase a domain name, and it also gives sellers an idea of how to set domain prices by giving them the most important value determinants.
Domain name prices will be determined based on the following values:
- Global monthly searches: How many times the domain’s keywords are searched for across the world each month
- Regional monthly searches: How many times the domain’s keywords are searched for based on the regional domain extension each month
- Estimated keyword cost-per-click: The revenue earned when a user clicks on an ad associated with the domain’s keywords
- Registration years for the name among TLDs: The year it was registered as a .com, .net or other generic top-level domain (gTLD)
- Registration of keywords among most popular extensions: How often the domain’s keywords are registered among the TLDs, each weighted by popularity (e.g. .com is worth more than .net)
Domain Value Indicators is based on Sedo’s historical transaction data, and will make use of automated pricing tools and the expertise of its international brokerage team to provide the most accurate assessment of each domain name’s value. This new feature appears on all offer pages.