Finish Line Commits to Omnichannel Race
With more than 640 stores across 47 states and an online presence to match, Finish Line is not only one of the largest mall-based specialty retailers in the United States, but also one of the most aggressive in terms of its omnichannel growth initiatives.
It was these initiatives that drove the company to move from legacy in-house managed software to Demandware’s cloud-based solution, announcing today that it has launched new e-commerce and mobile commerce sites on Demandware Commerce platform. With this platform, Finish Line can provide consumers a highly branded, personalized and consistent experience across channels.
“Our goal is to transform our business, not just maintain it,” said Chris Ladd, executive vice president and chief digital officer for Finish Line. “We want to drive innovation and propel the business. Demandware reduces operational complexity and puts the power in the hands of our users to create world-class brand experiences. It provides customers a better and faster online experience, rather than having technology get in the way. With Demandware’s business model, we’re mutually incentivized by success. We have a true partnership, and over the long-term, it’s much more valuable that the standard vendor/client relationship.”
The new finishline.com features an eye-catching new design and enhanced user experience, including:
- The ability to buy online and pick up at a Finish Line store location
- Real-time product inventory information that provides accurate availability updates
- A mobile shopping site that leverages responsive Web design to optimally display on devices
- Seamless integration of Finish Line’s Winner’s Circle loyalty program into the shopping cart to let consumers view their points balance at checkout
- Enhanced brand landing pages showcase brand-specific content, such as products, offers, promotions, videos and blog posts
- Streamlined navigation and search functionality helps consumers locate products more quickly and efficiently
- Flash sales provide exclusive access to new, high-demand merchandise
“Finish Line is a true market leader with a compelling vision for omnichannel commerce,” said Tom Ebling, CEO of Demandware. “With Demandware as its digital commerce backbone, Finish Line is able to move faster in a world of continually evolving consumer behavior. We look forward to a long partnership, driven by our mutual commitment to success and retail innovation.”