Developing content marketing assets to influence audiences over time, capture the attention of the search engines, and increase visibility and conversions overall has become a priority for businesses small and large.
Test your knowledge of the practice within Website Magazine's monthly quiz (answers are at the bottom).
1. What percentage of B2B marketers currently (2017) use content marketing?
a. 89 percent b. 47 percent c. 15 percent
2. What is the average length of a typical blog post?
a. 575 words b. 1,054 words c. 1260 words
3. True or False: Video will account for 79 percent of global Internet traffic by 2020.
4. The higher a page ranks on Google search results, the more likely it contains this content format:
a. A flash player b. A bullet point list c. A gated whitepaper
5. Almost half of the URLs in the top 10 Google search results use embedded:
c. Hero images
6. B2B marketers cite this factor as the top reason for their organization's increase in overall success:
a. Content creation (higher quality, more efficient) b. Content distribution (better targeting, identification of what works) c. Management/HR (organizational changes, staffing, new content marketing roles)
7. True or False: The Associated Press has already begun using "robot writers" to publish articles about quarterly earnings, sporting events and other stories previously written by real-life journalists.
8. Which are the top paid methods of content promotion B2B enterprises use in their content marketing?
a. Social promotion, search engine marketing, print or other offline promotion b. Traditional online banner ads, native advertising, content discover tools c. Do not use, social promotion and offline billboards
9. What is one reported effect of content marketing on consumers?
a. They "feel" more positive about a company after reading their custom content. b. They "feel" anxious about committing to a brand so early in their dating journey. c. They like all the attention they are now getting.
10. Marketers report this to be their company's top marketing challenge:
a. Talent acquisition b. Executive sponsorship c. Traffic and lead generation
As the Editor-in-Chief of Website Magazine and President of Website Services, Peter has established himself as a prominent figure in the digital marketing industry. With a wealth of experience and knowledge, Peter has been a driving force in shaping the landscape of digital marketing. His leadership in creating innovative and targeted marketing campaigns has helped numerous businesses achieve their revenue growth goals. Under his direction, Website Magazine has become a trusted source of information and insights for digital marketers worldwide. As President of Website Services, Peter oversees a team of talented professionals who specialize in SEO/SEM, email marketing, social media, and digital advertising. Through his hands-on approach, he ensures that his team delivers exceptional results to their clients. With a passion for digital marketing, Peter is committed to staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies, making him a sought-after thought leader in the field.