5 Awesome Venues for Your Next Conference
:: By Diana Zelikman, Fueled ::
For anyone that has ever attended a conference, the venues can all begin to look the same, providing the same dreary rooms, the same boring lunches and the same stale mints.
Brands of all sizes at some point need to look for venues that provide cool amenities. Below are five of the most awesome ones we’ve been to in the past few years.
5 Awesome Conference Venues and Cool Amenities
1. Aspen Meadows Resort – This Colorado resort is tucked away into 40 acres within the Roaring Fork Valley. With a Bauhaus-style design, this resort was created with events in mind. Each room is fitted with separate working areas, complimentary Wi-Fi and multi-line phones. There are 14 meeting rooms in six different buildings and numerous outdoor venues where you can hold team building exercises.
Other cool amenities are sprinkled throughout the venue and cater to many different tastes. The options range from the full scale health club, skiing lessons, fly fishing, steam rooms and so much more.
2. Fours Seasons Hotel Austin – With an added touch of luxury, this is a great conference venue for your stay; the nice Texas weather is a great added plus. The rooms are fantastic, especially the ones that face Lady Bird lake, with incredibly comfortable beds.
Conference meals are exceptional and the location provides easy access to hiking trails and many outdoors activities, including an outdoor saltwater pool that has a resort vibe.
One of the coolest amenities here is the spa. It’s open late, which means there’s no reason to miss out on pampering once conference requirements have been fulfilled.
3. Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center – Want to go to New York without actually being in New York? Glen Cove Mansion in Long Island has excellent conference facilities, with snack bars provided outside each meeting room which are always full and delicious. Not to mention, the customer service is absolutely excellent.
This venue provides some of the coolest amenities available from tennis and squash courts to gym access and indoor and outdoor pools, as well as a steam bath and Jacuzzi.
4. Nemacolin Woodlands Resort – Looking for a spacious, luxury venue? This 2,000 acre resort in Pennsylvania may be the answer. With six lodging options, including a chateau, a boutique hotel, English Tudor style lodge houses, townhomes, luxury homes and an RV park, the possibilities are endless.
On top of that, there are even more spaces specifically for holding conferences. Nemacolin has two ballrooms, one lecture hall, 25 meetings rooms, two board rooms and four outdoor event spaces. There are more than 10 drinking and dining areas to continue any sort of talks afterward.
Amenities are boundless here with a 36-hole golf course, woodlands spa, healing center, three different pools, an art collection and access to a bunch of outdoor activities.
5. Triple R Ranch – This ranch located in Virginia is a great location to hold a 2-3 day conference. It provides personalized service, ensuring that conference activities and food are just a little outside the norm.
They have an amazing outdoor challenge course, which is one of the best amenities we’ve ever seen. Other amenities include access to horseback riding, archery, a skate park, canoeing, and leather crafts. It’s definitely a place that has amenities that won’t be found your typical conference amenities and activities in play.
Diana Zelikman is an editor at Fueled, the leading iPhone app builder in New York City, renowned for its award winning mobile design and strategy.