Compuware, Gomez Introduce New APM Solution
Compuware Corporation has announced a new release of its integrated application performance management (APM) solution called the Compuware Gomez platform.
The new release introduces solutions that aim to help customers increase revenues, profitability and brand equity by optimizing mobile and Web application performance across the entire application delivery chain – from data centers through the cloud, to the edge of the Internet.
This is the second consecutive release Compuware has delivered for its entire integrated APM product set. It is the first release in which all of the Compuware APM products have been rebranded under a single product brand – Gomez – as announced separately. The update includes new functionality in both Compuware’s on-premises APM products (formerly called Vantage) and its software-as-a-service (SaaS) APM products, now all operating under the Gomez product brand name.
New features and capabilities in the Gomez Spring 2011 Platform Release include the following:
• Gomez Mobile Real-User Monitoring: The industry’s first mobile real-user monitoring solution that enables organizations to understand the actual performance end users are experiencing when using native mobile applications or accessing websites from mobile devices. Gomez Mobile Real-User Monitoring provides detailed performance analytics not available in any other monitoring solution. It works for native mobile applications and browsers across any mobile device, operating system or carrier.
• New Gomez Mobile Readiness Assessment: Provides an automatic assessment of the readiness of a website for mobile visitors by scoring the site against a set of standards and suggesting areas of improvement. This allows organizations to rate their mobile application’s capability to run across devices and browsers.
• Gomez Browser Real-User Monitoring: Measures the business impact of poor performance on Web conversions by correlating Web performance with abandonment along each step of a Web transaction. For every step, Gomez Browser Real-User Monitoring measures the number of users who have a satisfying, tolerating or frustrating experience. This aids Web teams in assessing if performance is helping or hurting their Web conversions, which directly impacts their online revenues.
• Integration With Google Page Speed: The first and only integration with Google Page Speed enables organizations to leverage Google technology to automatically assesses web performance against a set of rules, providing a specific score and recommendations for improvement. This allows organizations to optimize their Web pages based on industry-best practices.
• Internet Health Map with Last Mile Data: This free offering from Compuware uses a “collective intelligence” approach to indicate the operational health of the Internet to help organizations determine if a performance problem is specific to them or shared by other users. By comparing the results of the millions of tests that run on the Gomez global performance network every day to a rolling baseline of data for the same weekday and time, the Gomez Internet Health Map detects aberrations that are indicative of a general Internet performance issue at specific geographic locations. Because Compuware has the only testing network with 150,000+ real computers that operate at the “edge of the Internet” running behind local ISPs, the data from this “Last Mile” provides the most accurate insight into the true performance conditions experienced by real users.
• New High-volume Load-testing Agent: In addition to current real-world load generation from browsers and mobile devices, Gomez Web Load Testing now offers a highly scalable HTTP load agent that generates load from the cloud. The new agent enables self-service Web load testing up to millions of page views per hour and can be run in conjunction with the Gomez Last Mile for unprecedented accuracy in user-experience measurement.
• Updated Products for the Data Center: Enhancements to Gomez Business Service Manager (formerly called Vantage Service Manager), Gomez Real-User Monitoring – Data Center (formerly called Vantage Real-User Monitoring), and Gomez Java and .NET Monitoring (formerly called Vantage for Java and NET Monitoring) deliver expanded depth and breadth of visibility in data center performance monitoring.
• New Support for Cisco Unified Compute Server: Compuware has certified and optimized its on-premises software to integrate with and run on the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS). Compuware has a strategic technology integration agreement with Cisco and will be the OEM and authorized manufacturer to sell and recommend Cisco UCS to run all on-premises Gomez APM solutions.
For more details on all of the new enhancements, visit the Gomez Spring 2011 Platform Release Page.