Quiz Time: The UI & UX Edition
Website success demands a deep understanding of the digital experience. Test your awareness of important UI and UX terminology in this month’s Website Magazine Quiz Time. The answers are available below!
1. True or False: The 3-click rule is a theory related to website navigation that suggests that a user of a website should not be able to find information with less than three clicks.
2. True or False: A “Diary Study” asks users to record their experiences and thoughts about a product or task in a journal over a set period of time.
3. The acronym HCI stands for…
a) Human Calculation Interference
b) Human Computer Interaction
c) Hueristic Care Insights
d) None of the above
4. The phrase “information scent” refers to…
a) the insights gathered by UX designers about behavior.
b) the clues provided by UX designers about their value.
c) the extent to which users can predict what they will find.
d) none of the above.
5. True or False: Progressive disclosure is an interaction design technique used to help maintain the focus of a user’s attention by reducing clutter, confusion and cognitive workload.
6. A workflow diagram is a graphical representation of __________ conducted by users of a system.
a) feedback requests
b) activities and actions
c) inactivity and time-outs
d) All of the above
7. This model of software development is a sequential design process where progress is seen as flowing steadily downwards through the phases of Conception > Initiation > Analysis > Design > Construction > Testing > Implementation > Maintenance.
a) Waterfall Model
b) Zuckerberg Model
c) Kobayashi Maru Model
d) The Dressler Protocol
8. The acronym UCD stands for…
a) User-Centered Distribution
b) Unified Completion Date
c) User-Centered Design
d) Universal Companion Device
9. True or False: UX wireframing is the process of creating the specific structures of a designed application or website.
10. A fishbone diagram, or Ishikawa diagram, is…
a) a visualization tool for categorizing the potential causes of a problem in order to identify its root causes
b) a method of drawing wireframes that includes copious amounts of Saki and paper napkins.
c) is used to demonstrate cause and effect relationships.
d) Both A and C.
Answers: 1.False, 2.True, 3.B, 4.C, 5.True, 6.B, 7.A, 8.C, 9.True, 10.D